The Bucket List Initiative is the opportunity of a lifetime.
It’s a travel grant given to a member of Passion Passport’s Community once every quarter. This friendly competition is hosted on Passion Passport’s Web site, and the eventual winner documents their experience on passionpassport.com!
How it works:
- Applicants answer a set of questions and tell Passion Passport their wildest travel dreams
- Four projects are selected by travel and creative experts as finalists
- The online community votes on a winner during a 10 day voting period
- The winner receives a travel grant towards their dream trip. They embark!
What they’re looking for:
- Have a great purpose or cause behind your trip. Whether it’s something you want to accomplish or help others accomplish, traveling for more than the sights and sounds of a new place helps make the experience richer and ultimately more inspiring.
- Make your answers personal. When answering the questions for TBLI, provide us with strong examples that support your answers. For example: “My dream trip is to travel to Portugal. My father is Portuguese and I have had a photo of the Lisbon skyline pinned above my bed since I was a little boy.”
- Be specific. Choose one Bucket List item and stick with it. Be as explicit as possible, e.g.: “My dream is to travel to Marrakech in Morocco.” This is a solo trip. You should be able to complete your solo trip in 10-14 days in February of 2015.
- Be clear on how you would like to document the trip. Will you be writing journal entries or shooting videos to document your adventure? Will you be posting stunning photos from a DSLR each day of the trip? Let us know in your application.
Apply: Dec. 1 – Dec. 20, 2014
Finalists Announced: Dec. 23, 2014
Voting Period: Dec. 23 – Dec. 31, 2014
Winner Announced: January 1st, 2015
Trip Dates: February, 2015 **The trip must be completed in a 10-14 day period during the month of February, 2015.
How To Apply:
- Complete the online application, found HERE!
- Share your answer to Question 3 on your personal Instagram account with a photo of your choice. Be sure to tag @passionpassport in the caption and use #PPTBLIV.
Example: "For @passionpassport's Bucket List Initiative, my bucket list trip is to travel to Portugal. My father is Portuguese and I have had a photo of the Porto skyline pinned above my bed since I was a little boy. Family members have told me stories about their time in Porto and I have yearned for the chance to visit my father's homeland since. We all wonder about our roots, and this is my opportunity to share my story with this community. #PPTBLIV”