Happy #nationalhammockday!! Why do you love hammocking in your ENO?
@d_tala13 Wow! such a beautiful spot!
Creating a Successful Beach Day from @ENOHammocks https://t.co/3aNbNaXt7q
#getoutandhammock It may be sacrilegious to hammock purists, but I find that hanging the hammock about 16" off the ground is ridiculously comfortable for sleeping. I set it so that about 60% of my body weight is distributed to the ground, the rest supported by the hammock. It also has other advantages to traditional hanging:
* sleeping pad doesn't wander
* avoid the banana back-ache.
* easy to get in and out
* easy to reach supplies (water bottle, headlamp, snacks, books)
* can use very small trees or rocks because the tension on the cords is much lower (only about 50#) - and so can use lighter cordage.
* trees can be much farther or closer together.
Though not shown in this picture, I typically also use a small ground tarp to protect from puncture, ground condensation and wrap over the hammock if risk of heavy dew or even rain.